1. Nationals in Indianapolis - Why do I start with the last competition you ask? For very good reason. If you are even THINKING about going to Indy November 12-15 you should secure hotel reservations now. The rooms are going fast and will only continue to do so. Whether or not you are sure of your plans, book a hotel with free cancellation and you will be able to cancel for any of the days later, but if you wait and decide last minute to make the trek...trust me, you'll be frustrated. Jenison is tentatively scheduled to perform around 10:45PM on Thursday, November 12. If they make it past the first round they will play again on Saturday. The kids will arrive home early Sunday morning.
2. Local competition days - On Saturdays when the kids have local competitions the day goes like this: Practice at the HS from about 9am-4pm and then they eat together (Feed the Band). After dinner they head to the evening competition (Rockford, Belding, Reeths Puffer (at Rockford)). They arrive back to the HS usually between 10 & 11pm. The specifics for each competition will be posted early the week of on the band website under "NEWS".
3. Competiton at Bowling Green State University (Ohio) - This year the band performs at approximately 2:30pm. The top ten bands perform again after dinner. They head for home around 11pm and arrive back between 2-3am.
4. Homecoming - Sat. Oct. 3, the day of the Homecoming Dance there is NO PRACTICE!!!
5. State Competition at Ford Field - This year we will be performing in the early afternoon. At the state competition there is only one performance and awards are given at the end of each Flight so the band will be done by late afternoon. In the past people have organized having a tour bus transport parents to and from the state competition...let us know if you are interested in organizing this!