1. Practice is Monday and Tuesday from 6pm-9pm (pick up your SCRIP on Monday when you drop off your student).
2. Practice finishes at 9pm promptly. However, students then need to take care of their instrument, stand, music, etc. If you are picking your child up, be prepared to wait awhile if you arrive right at 9pm. If your child is in the front ensemble (percussion) your wait is typically the longest...
3. During July it is expected that all students who are in town are at the rehearsal. However, if you have a vacation or other out of town event taking place your student can be excused from rehearsal. Just email the directors.
4. Don't forget to make sure your student has a pair of khaki shorts and a dot book (spiral bound index cards). You will also need a strap (string/rip cord/etc) of some sort to attach it to their body (think across the body so the dot book is at the hip).
5. Show shirts go on sale this Monday, July 10. They can be ordered at the SCRIP table. Your student will be getting one already, but if you'd like to have one of your own, plan to order one, or two, or three. Many band parents (and grandparents) wear them to the competitions to show their support for the band. See my next post for all the details.